Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: Third new 2.0 GC  (Read 17077 times)

March 28, 2012, 04:42:41 PM

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Approval: +410/-80
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
Third new 2.0 GC
« on: March 28, 2012, 04:42:41 PM »
We're planning on doing three new GCs for 2.0. The first one is the Black Fleet Crisis, the second isn't going to be discussed just yet, and we want to know what everyone wants to see for the third. It could be a canonical conflict, or just something you feel is currently missing from that mod that would be fun, so if you have any ideas, post them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:56:39 PM by Corey »
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

March 28, 2012, 04:53:29 PMReply #1

Offline Shadows

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-1
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: Third new 2.0 GC
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
Oh man, I can't wait! You guys are doing a fantastic job. If you guys still need any beta testers, I'll be willing to test and play the demo. Keep up the good work guys. :]

March 28, 2012, 05:17:38 PMReply #2

Offline Major Mike, 32nd Squadron

• Recruit
  • Approval: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 05:17:38 PM »
Will we be able to play as the Yevetha in the Black Fleet Crisis GC?

March 28, 2012, 05:25:21 PMReply #3

Offline yutpaeksi

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +13/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:21 PM »
How about GC centered around Daala unifying the Warlords, only instead of gassing them on an asteroid, she teams up with Pellaeon to wipe them out? The Warlords could consist of Harsk, Teradoc, Delvadarus, Cronus in 13X, and they could have the Knight Hammer, the Crimsom Command, while the player, with Daala and Pellaeon could have standard IR units. That could lead to lots of fun ISD on ISD battles...

Another option could be an EtoH-centric, Camaas Crisis-era, GC centered around the Thrawn clone taking charge and leading the EtoH to pacify the entire NR (leave the IR out of it), while the NR itself in embroiled in a bit of civil war with a faction very similar to itself (like what happened over Bothawui). Because you have the Warlords as a minor faction, the IR does get a chance to face off against other IR forces, but the NR never gets to face off against other NR forces. This could provide that opportunity.

"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander. What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."
―Han Solo, to Vana Dorja

March 28, 2012, 07:52:44 PMReply #4

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
  • Approval: +134/-14
  • Nothing shall withstand my ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »
I have four suggestions for a GC.
1)The Valley of the Jedi Incident with the Pentastar(represented as the IR in that GC like what was done in HfZ GC) With Kaine in the Reaper, Jerec in the Vengeance and Dark Jedi against the NR with Luke, Kyle, Mothma, Han& Chewie, and Rogue Squadron.
2)The building of the Empire of the Hand in the Unknown Regions to the amount of planets we see the EotH has in AoW.
With Thrawn, Parrk, Nirez, Fel, Stent, Siath, Hand of Judgement and Aurek Seven against the Ssi Ruuk, Pirate units and such.
4) The Deep Core Civil War in all it's fratricidal ferocity. Small scale but with a mind to tactics. For instance the three named Warlords against each other, Harrsk with his ISDs, Teradoc with his Crimson Command, and Delvardus with the Night Hammer. Each could have just three worlds with paltry resources. Each would have it's own advantage and disadvantage. Teradoc having a huge fleet, but weak ships, Harrsk being the middle ground with a medium fleet of powerful ships and Delavardus having very few ships but the most powerful command ship.
4) The Campaign against the Ssi Ruuk, similar to the Black Fleet Crisis GC, small but with the EotH and NR as playable against the Ssi Ruuk.
(I realize that each of these has it's own set of flaws that render each possibly unreasonable but that's the best I could come up with.)
"I do not intend to be the Emperor's servant forever..."-High Inquisitor Jerec

"The New Order has never fallen. Only the Emperor."-Grand Moff Ardus Kaine

March 28, 2012, 11:59:20 PMReply #5

Offline Znieh

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 11:59:20 PM »
4) The Campaign against the Ssi Ruuk, similar to the Black Fleet Crisis GC, small but with the EotH and NR as playable against the Ssi Ruuk.

That would be cool, and its set in the time frame of the mod, but of course new models would have to be made for the Ssi Ruuk and that would prolly be a lot of work. :(

As of my own suggestions I have two.

A canonical one, though not set in The New Republic Era, would be Admiral Zarin's coup attempt. The playable forces could be The Empire, Zarin's forces, and the Rebels. Thrawn could be a hero, and the addition of the Star Wing, TIE Avenger, and Missile Boat as units, as well as The Empire and Zarin having buildable the Nebulon B frigates and Correlian Corvettes.

For just fun though, how about a Thrawn's Revenge meets Civilization. You could have the entire galactic map, but each faction starts with only one planet, and the other planets could be empty or some could have pirate or warlords on them. It would be an interesting land grab at the beginning which would have to be limited in case of over stretching oneself and a careful choosing of units to build because of very limited funds at the beginning. It would also make for games being very different every time, well hopefully. 

Having an entire squadron of Lego TIE fighters is either really nerdy or really awesome, I'm just not sure which.

March 29, 2012, 08:08:34 AMReply #6

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 08:08:34 AM »
You have already covered the 4-19 ABY pretty well so this isn't as easy as it seems. But one possibility that comes to mind is the Post-Zsinj campaign with NR, IR and Warlord Teradoc.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

March 30, 2012, 08:45:29 PMReply #7

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:45:29 PM »
Perhaps if the Pentastar were considered, Jerec might possibly get his flagship from Dark Forces II perhaps?

March 30, 2012, 11:51:39 PMReply #8

Offline Willhelm

• Brevet Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 11:51:39 PM »
I really like the NR vs NR idea, thats somthing thats never really been tryed outside of skirmish mode, it would be interesting

March 31, 2012, 01:26:07 AMReply #9

Offline Senza

• Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +8/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 01:26:07 AM »
I have four suggestions for a GC.
1)The Valley of the Jedi Incident with the Pentastar(represented as the IR in that GC like what was done in HfZ GC) With Kaine in the Reaper, Jerec in the Vengeance and Dark Jedi against the NR with Luke, Kyle, Mothma, Han& Chewie, and Rogue Squadron.
2)The building of the Empire of the Hand in the Unknown Regions to the amount of planets we see the EotH has in AoW.
With Thrawn, Parrk, Nirez, Fel, Stent, Siath, Hand of Judgement and Aurek Seven against the Ssi Ruuk, Pirate units and such.
4) The Deep Core Civil War in all it's fratricidal ferocity. Small scale but with a mind to tactics. For instance the three named Warlords against each other, Harrsk with his ISDs, Teradoc with his Crimson Command, and Delvardus with the Night Hammer. Each could have just three worlds with paltry resources. Each would have it's own advantage and disadvantage. Teradoc having a huge fleet, but weak ships, Harrsk being the middle ground with a medium fleet of powerful ships and Delavardus having very few ships but the most powerful command ship.
(I realize that each of these has it's own set of flaws that render each possibly unreasonable but that's the best I could come up with.)

There's no #3!

March 31, 2012, 06:59:54 PMReply #10

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 06:59:54 PM »
Hm I do seem to have forgotten number three...well here it is, I hope it does not disappoint
I was going to suggest a scenario one year before Fractured Empire, when the Eriadu Ascendancy was at it's height, Most of the Grand Admirals were alive and out for blood and the NR was still very fledgling. Basically when Warlordism first exploded with everyone fighting everyone in a mass bloodbath.
Factions,
IR under Pestage, Isard, Fel, Brashin, Makati, and Sinn.
Warlords under Grunger, Pitta, Delvardus, Harrsk, Teradoc, Zsinj, Kaine
NR under Mothma, Cracken, Solo, Leia, Han, Lando, Luke and Wedge
Similar to Fractured Empire but with far more under the Warlords rule with them as the main threat to both IR and NR(NR in the west outer rim, IR in the core Warlords in Midrim and  Northeast and Southern Outer Rim.
The Warlords would have the majority of planets and forces but would be spread out to symbolize the fact that they were seperate(I.E. Delvardus in the South, Harrsk near the core, Pitta and Grunger along the Correllian trade route in the mid rim, Teradoc and Zsinj in the North of the galaxy's mid and outer rim and Kaine in the Northwest of the Outer Rim.
I propose about 55 planets for the GC to be divided among the factions,
NR-14
IR-16
Warlords- 25
The Warlords start with the advantage and thus force the player to have to respond accordingly.

April 01, 2012, 03:16:07 AMReply #11

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 03:16:07 AM »
That would be interesting. Would take a lot of work though I think
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

April 01, 2012, 07:34:28 PMReply #12

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
I think it would be. Say make the Warlords AI as aggressive as possible with enormous resources and turn them loose.
(If it were possible I'd suggest different AI's for each Warlord but that can't be so they must be compiled into a group.)
I arrived on the idea after reading a song of fire and ice(game of thrones book 2 a clash of kings and then looking at the SW EU and realizing it was very similar. The most violent bloodletting(except for the Imperial mutiny in 6 1/2 years after Endor actually happened in the first 2 years after the Emperor's Death.
It would take a lot of work I know but it would be very enjoyable and frantic paced.
(It would be neat if it were possible to make alliances with other factions temporarily to throw some political strategy into the war too, though I'm not much for politics it makes one have to think of all angles. though that would be impossible with the limited AI lucasarts and Petrograph bestowed on us all. 

April 01, 2012, 11:28:22 PMReply #13

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 11:28:22 PM »
I don't see how that would be more difficult, the only real work would be the new heroes it took (Sien Sovv, etc) to make it fit in with the earlier time.
I also have a YouTube channel where I talk about mod development and gaming, do tutorials, and Let's Plays. If you like the content, consider supporting it on Patreon

April 02, 2012, 07:37:23 PMReply #14

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 07:37:23 PM »
Hm, so you think it a good idea?

April 02, 2012, 07:46:42 PMReply #15

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »
Is that a note of interest in the idea I detect?

April 02, 2012, 07:53:07 PMReply #16

Offline Kalo

• Former Mod Team Member
  • Vice Admiral
  • Approval: +31/-23
  • That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »
Is that a note of interest in the idea I detect?

Can't speak for Corey. But it's always a good idea to entertain your fans ideas.

Codeuser says:
STUPID JFK

April 05, 2012, 11:20:11 PMReply #17

Offline Corey

• Mod Leader
  • Administrator
  • Emperor
  • Dream Crusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »
Well, there's some issues with how to distribute everything.

April 06, 2012, 07:14:31 PMReply #18

Offline Lord Xizer

• Tester
  • Grand Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2012, 07:14:31 PM »
You mean planets, units, heroes or all of the aforementioned?
(incidentally Kalo what is your avatar of?)

April 06, 2012, 09:09:19 PMReply #19

Offline tlmiller

• Tester
  • Moff
  • Approval: +56/-9
  • Don't turn around you moron, ATTACK!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »

For just fun though, how about a Thrawn's Revenge meets Civilization. You could have the entire galactic map, but each faction starts with only one planet, and the other planets could be empty or some could have pirate or warlords on them. It would be an interesting land grab at the beginning which would have to be limited in case of over stretching oneself and a careful choosing of units to build because of very limited funds at the beginning. It would also make for games being very different every time, well hopefully. 

That would be AMAZINGLY fun, but because of the xxx-day bug, would never be able to complete it.
People should not be afraid of their government...governments should be afraid of their people.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!