Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!

Author Topic: (SPLIT) from Revelation, FoC Canon?  (Read 31086 times)

March 12, 2008, 10:48:14 PM

aNaRcHiSt44

(SPLIT) from Revelation, FoC Canon?
« on: March 12, 2008, 10:48:14 PM »
Hmmm...Asajj Ventress returning, now that is interesting.
I wonder when we'll have Silri appear with that carbonite army from FoC..  :-\

Ah Slornie? Petroglyph made the story for FoC up-it's fictional inside the Star Wars universe-Tyber Zann would have been mentioned SOMEWHERE if he was indeed as powerful and rich as the game says he is, and therefore SIlri is non-existant as well. It doesnt make sense that he, a criminal master-mind that has a smaller group than the Black Sun could actually challenge the Empire and the Rebellion, because if Black Sun was bigger and Consortium did as stated above, then why the hell would Prince Xizor not be attempting to actually fight them? He does not have the man-power to match either forces, and he would get obliterated by his own troops for even considering fighting the two. And then again, it would just waste all of the time Xizor has spent with the Emperor. Im not personally attacking you, im just merely commenting on the stupidity of Petroglyph-they really should have actually used a storyline that wasnt fictional.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:12:11 AM by Slornie »

March 13, 2008, 01:43:21 AMReply #1

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
Re: Revelation (Warning containing spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 01:43:21 AM »
Everybody knows that Zann is just a game thing.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

March 13, 2008, 02:00:31 AMReply #2

Offline Isamu

• Grand Admiral
  • Approval: +2/-7
  • шыфьгーIsamu-courageous Warrior wish i were a yub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 02:00:31 AM »
they sure as hell set foc up to make a sequal didn't they.
"The screams of the millions of dead souls I have consumed haunt my ears. Their voices are deafening. My passion is ravenous. This hunger unsatiable." - Darth Nihilus

92% of teens have moved on to (c)rap. if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

March 13, 2008, 02:03:50 AMReply #3

Offline Meyer

• Grand Moff
  • Approval: +69/-2
  • Do-ro'ik vong pratte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 02:03:50 AM »
seems so. but I would like the sequel to be more focused on rebels and impeials. Or maybe the YV invasion. that would be nice too. Or maybe Clone Wars. And Thrawn's doings in the UR. you know pacifying and liberating and conguering planets.
I reject your canon and substitute my own!

March 13, 2008, 02:05:20 AMReply #4

Offline Isamu

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 02:05:20 AM »
they do need a prequal. i think making them for the yv wars would be better though since thats following the time line. maybe a clone wars prequal could be added as like a bonus thing not an actual time line. like empire at war the clone wars or something.
"The screams of the millions of dead souls I have consumed haunt my ears. Their voices are deafening. My passion is ravenous. This hunger unsatiable." - Darth Nihilus

92% of teens have moved on to (c)rap. if you are one of the 8% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig

March 13, 2008, 09:18:50 AMReply #5

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
  • Approval: +54/-13
  • Every Silver Lining has a Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 09:18:50 AM »
If they did another game, i would expect to see the Clone Wars.  Basing the games on the films is the safest bet, since most gamers will be able to relate to the story of the film, whereas far fewer people would be able to understand games based on the Expanded Universe.

Ah Slornie? Petroglyph made the story for FoC up-it's fictional inside the Star Wars universe-Tyber Zann would have been mentioned SOMEWHERE if he was indeed as powerful and rich as the game says he is, and therefore SIlri is non-existant as well.
Actually, FoC is canon, the storylines of Star Wars games are considered "C-canon" (alongside most of the novels, comics, and cartoons).  This means that the events and characters from FoC are now shoehorned into canon, and are considered as "canonical" as the Thrawn trilogy, and the Vong War.  Im not arguing against you on how unlikely and improbable it is, but that is how things stand.
Quote from: RonMaverick291 (Gametrailers)
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

March 13, 2008, 06:03:13 PMReply #6

Offline Isamu

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:03:13 PM »
they made the whole thing as unsubtle as it was supposed to be though. tyber ran a criminal orginization, not an army like what we would think of.

March 13, 2008, 06:07:54 PMReply #7

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »
Well, you wouldnt consider the Rebel Alliance taking on the might of the Empire and winning as particularly feasible, but it happened.
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.

March 13, 2008, 06:09:39 PMReply #8

Offline Isamu

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 06:09:39 PM »
very true. although the empire was kind of like the third riech. as soon as the leader died, the whole damn thing fell apart at the seems.

March 13, 2008, 09:32:06 PMReply #9

aNaRcHiSt44

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »
I hate how because Petrolgyph made up some bullsh*t it is now considered canon, and many people believe that a criminal organisation that didnt even exist up to that point is bigger than the Black Sun. It also doesnt make sense that a group of mercenaries with outdated tech can actually best the Empire, let alone the Rebellion. Seriously, Petroglyph is on thin ice here, and so is FoC.

March 13, 2008, 09:41:08 PMReply #10

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »
I hate how because Petrolgyph made up some bullsh*t it is now considered canon, and many people believe that a criminal organisation that didnt even exist up to that point is bigger than the Black Sun. It also doesnt make sense that a group of mercenaries with outdated tech can actually best the Empire, let alone the Rebellion. Seriously, Petroglyph is on thin ice here, and so is FoC.
Its no worse than a lot of other parts of canon.

While i agree, they didnt do the best job, and probably should have just stuck with Black Sun, there is nothing that can be done about it now - FoC, Zann and his Consortium are all canon.

And, it doesnt make sense that a small ragtag bunch of rebels can take on the Empire, destroy two huge planet-busting superweapons, and go on to liberate the galaxy, yet you are willing to accept it.

March 13, 2008, 09:45:56 PMReply #11

aNaRcHiSt44

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 09:45:56 PM »
With the Rebellion, for one, they were INCREDIBLY lucky, they were very organised and intelligent, they stole the best fighter designs the Empire had before they could use them, they ahd the back-up of most of the worlds-if only indirectly, they had the full support of the Mon Calamari Shipyards which produced much better ships than the other shipyards, even Kuat Drive Yards. The Rebellion destroyed the Death Star because Tarkin underestimated them and only deployed a few squadrons of Tie's, and Luke was incredibly lucky with that shot. The Rebellion destroyed the second Death Star because they had that huge fleet with them, and because they got lucky AGAIN and destroyed the Death Star AND The Executor. It's a thing with the EMpire; without proper leadership, they retreat, which is what happenned.

March 13, 2008, 09:51:23 PMReply #12

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2008, 09:51:23 PM »
With the Rebellion, for one, they were INCREDIBLY lucky, they were very organised and intelligent, they stole the best fighter designs the Empire had before they could use them, they ahd the back-up of most of the worlds-if only indirectly, they had the full support of the Mon Calamari Shipyards which produced much better ships than the other shipyards, even Kuat Drive Yards. The Rebellion destroyed the Death Star because Tarkin underestimated them and only deployed a few squadrons of Tie's, and Luke was incredibly lucky with that shot. The Rebellion destroyed the second Death Star because they had that huge fleet with them, and because they got lucky AGAIN and destroyed the Death Star AND The Executor. It's a thing with the EMpire; without proper leadership, they retreat, which is what happenned.
So, the Rebel Alliance won mainly because of luck (*Cough* plot device).  Zann is alleged to have an incredibly able mind (to the extent that he can pretty much match Thrawn), therefore it is entirely possible for him to fight.  Also, the underworld is enormous, there was Black Sun, Jabba, Karrde, and numerous other operations across the galaxy - There is nothing to prevent the Consortium from becoming a major player (and i dont recall it being mentioned as bigger than Black Sun).

March 13, 2008, 10:22:44 PMReply #13

aNaRcHiSt44

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:44 PM »
No, it got lucky in the two most major battles.  ::)
I know Zann is suppossed to be extremely intelligent, and if he is a match for Thrawn, then perhaps it makes sense that he is such a powerful criminal, but not on that scale. If the Consortium was as major as the game suggested, then it would have been mentioned, wouldnt it? I never said it was bigger than Black Sun, but the game suggests that it is, which is pure sophistry. And also, the Consortium could not win against the EMpire or Rebellion-as I said, and the game also says it, they have outdated ships and vehicles for the most part, and even then the new ones provided by Mandalore are not a match for Mon Calamari Ships or Kuat ships, and they had much larger shipyards anyway. Plus, the Consortium doesnt even have anywhere near as much manpower as the Empire or Rebellion.

March 13, 2008, 10:30:25 PMReply #14

Offline Slornie

• Mod Team Member
  • Moff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 10:30:25 PM »
New factions, characters, etc are always being added to the Star Wars universe.  It is quite possible for the Zann Consortium to have existed at that size - Unless they specifically identified themselves as belonging to the Consortium, units could be mistaken for any of the other organisations in the underworld.  They may even have used dummy corporations, factions to hide their true size/strength.  Remember Karrde, he had one of the larger (and better) organisations during the GCW, but very few knew of its true size and influence.

March 13, 2008, 10:38:07 PMReply #15

aNaRcHiSt44

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 10:38:07 PM »
I guess I didn't think of that, but still, I doubt that the Consortium was that big. I know they keep adding stuff, but next time they do, they should make sure it actually co-incedes with the rest of the universe and doesnt change stuff around that it really shouldn't have even gone anywhere near (think the Eclipse, that Executor in the last mission, and of course-the 'subjugation' of mandalore, etc). If you want my opinion, LucasArts shouldnt allow companies outside it's own to amke up stuff for it-Petroglyph had no idea what thye were going on about, and now they have botched the Star Wars universe. Silri was never emntioned as a Sith, but obviously if she controls that Sith army she now has to become a prominent force to match even Jacen, and that pisses me off. Damm you Petroglyph! You could've just set in motion the complete destruction of a good storyline for the latest book series with your incompetence and lack of attention to what exists in Star Wars!

March 13, 2008, 11:11:17 PMReply #16

Offline Isamu

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »
a criminal organiztion shouldn't have access to that much firepower.

March 13, 2008, 11:12:59 PMReply #17

aNaRcHiSt44

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2008, 11:12:59 PM »
Yeah-that's also what makes no sense about the game-the list just keeps getting longer; poor Petroglyph.  ;)

March 13, 2008, 11:16:31 PMReply #18

Offline Isamu

• Grand Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2008, 11:16:31 PM »
they should expand the timeline canon not make stuff up in the already printed canon that will confuse people.

March 13, 2008, 11:23:49 PMReply #19

aNaRcHiSt44

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2008, 11:23:49 PM »
Yeah, but it's been a long time since FoC was released, so I doubt they will ever make another expansion, though I hope SOME company with some hint of intelligence that actually keeps to the canon craeets a second EAW, and a good one at that, and it had better be multi-era, or I am gonna puke. They focus too much on the area displayed in the movies, sure they've done some for the NJO and KotOR eras, but they need to put more into those timelines for it to be successful-Star Wars fans are getting sick of repetitive games all concerning the Clone Wars and the GCW.

Those working on this mod do so in their own free time and for no pay.
Show your support for them by enabling ads on this site!